Shanie Lapointe - Sexologist, practice focused on reproductive health, perinatality and early childhood
Shanie is a dynamic, approachable, empathetic, open-minded and creative woman. She thrives on passion, contact with people and varied daily life. After graduating in sexology, she worked in the community.
In 2020, she chose to combine her different passions of family, support and sexuality in order to endorse her title of sexologist. Thus, she plunged into the adventure of self-employment and oriented her professional practice in reproductive health, perinatality and early childhood.
Several motivations lead her to have focused her practice in reproductive health, perinatality and early childhood:
Free speech by breaking many taboos: sexuality during pregnancy, access to abortion, perinatal mourning, maternal regret...and so on!
Meet the many needs that emerge in individuals and couples, following this great upheaval that is the fact of wanting and becoming a parent.
Offer support using personal experiences and professional skills.
It is important for her to emphasize that she is an ally for people who are part of sexual and gender diversity, as well as the fact that she is a pro-choice resource and for the respect of workers' rights. -s sex.
Read about the sexology service, description and rates HERE.
- "Include LGBT+ families, adapted training for early childhood", Coalition des Familles LGBT, 2023.
- "Stress management in perinatal bereavement", Les Perséides, 2022
- "A new cognitive-behavioral couple therapy to treat genito-pelvic pain" Sophie Bergeron, Ph.D. and Jean-François Jodouin, Ph.D., ASQ, 2022
- "Integrate trans men and non-binary, intersex or two-spirit people into sexual health/abortion services/single-sex feminist spaces", Aide aux Trans du Québec, 2022
- "Introduction to couple psychotherapy", Porte-Voix, 2022
- "Sexual breast, nourishing breast: duality or cohabitation?", Mouvement Allaitement Québec, 2021
- Member of the Ordre Professionnel des Sexologues du Québec: 202006-012
- Bachelor’s degree in sexology, UQÀM, 2008