Shanie Lapointe - Montreal
Shanie is a dynamic, approachable, empathetic, open-minded and a creative woman. She is driven by passion, contact with people and a diversified daily life. Since graduating in sexology, she has worked in the community.
As a family educator, she has been able to develop expertise in group facilitation, accompany parents in their role as educators of their children’s sexuality, and equip school-age children to prevent various types of violence, among other things. Then, as a youth worker, she was fortunate enough to be welcomed by young people in the intimacy of their environment and to be chosen by them to go on a path with them. These experiences made her grow and evolve both professionally and personally!
Finally, she has also been involved as a volunteer in the LGBTQ* community, finding it important to give her time to a community of which she is a part.
Read about the sexology service, description and rates HERE.
- Doula training, Alternative Naissance, 2020
- Breastfeeding support, Alternative Naissance, 2020
- Support for termination of pregnancy, Les Passeuses, 2020
- Facing Life’s Dramas: Applied Positive Psychology, Brigitte Lavoie, 2017
- Trans 101, ASTT(e)Q, 2017
- Better tools to deal with sexual assaults, Trêve pour Elles, 2016
- Gender-Based Analysis, Relais-femmes, 2015
- Problem of conjugal violence: basic training, SOS Violence Conjugale, 2014
- Kid Power Parent-Child 3-5, Full Power/Kid Power, 2012
- Workshop for future LGBT + parents, Coalition of LGBT families, 2010
- Member of the Ordre Professionnel des Sexologues du Québec: 202006-012
- Bachelor’s degree in sexology, UQÀM, 2008